Leads are best served hot off the presses, but sometimes your business process supplies you with leads in spreadsheet format.
To get a spreadsheet full of leads into Lead Assign.
- Set up a Zapier account at zapier.com
- Create a new Zap
- Your starting point (trigger) is a Google spreadsheet. Pick a spreadsheet. Every time you add a line to this spreadsheet, a lead will be sent through lead assign.
- Then add a step, choose your action app as leadassign. You may need to get an invite which is available here
- Enter your lead assign company slug and your apikey as shown
- Now you should have something like this…
- Press the test – this will send a real lead into Lead Assign!
This method allows for real time lead routing, if for instance you have a call centre adding leads to a spreadsheet. You can of course add lines to a Google spreadsheet from an Excel or CSV file etc.
There are some good tips about best practices for doing this here at Zapier:
Basically, if you enter new rows slowly, you may want to change how you do it. (ie copy/paste entire row into a new spreadsheet called ‘sent leads’ or similar).