Steps to add leads via the Lead Assign widget
Add the following code to the page on which you wish to add leads:
<script> la_endpoint = 'https://app.leadassign.com/'; la_token = 'YOUR_API_KEY_HERE'; la_company = 'YOUR_COMPANY_SLUG'; </script> <script src='https://app.leadassign.com/js/form-widget.js'></script>
- This will inject a button into your page. Clicking the ‘Create a new lead’ button will open a modal with fields relevant to the lead. After filling out the relevant details, click the ‘Create a new lead button.’ If the lead was created successfully, a pop up with the message ‘Request sent’ will appear. If the lead was not created successfully ‘Please try again’ will be on a similar pop up.
- The page must have JQuery on it. If your website is not running JQuery you may need to add it as well.
- The plugin comes with various configuration options:
- Adding a div with ID “la_widget_form” appends the form directly to your page as opposed to using a popup modal
- Setting a variable called la_geolocation to true adds an address field to the form
- Setting a variable called la_source to true adds a source email field to the form
- Setting a variable called la_first to true adds a first agent field to the form
- Creating a variable called la_text_custom will change the label for the details field to the variable’s value
- Creating a variable called la_geolcation_custom will change the label for the address field to the variable’s value
- Creating a variable called la_source_custom will change the label for the source email field to the variable’s value
- Creating a variable called la_first_custom will change the label for the first agent field to the variable’s value
- Setting a variable called la_icon_left to a number shifts the icon to the left by la_icon_left percent
- Setting a variable called la_icon_height to a number shifts the icon up by la_icon_height percent
You need your company ‘slug’ and an API key. Log into your account at https://app.leadassign.com/ and when you do you will see you company slug in the url for every page you are on. If your company was called ACME PAINTING your company slug would probably be acme_painting .
You are also going to need your API key. The SHA256 of the token is what you need, just copy it from
https://app.leadassign.com/company_slug/apikey/ (press generate to make a new one).
NOTE: Generating a new APIKey will stop other api integrations from working. You are perfectly OK to generate one if there is nothing showing. If there is one showing copy that.