If your email endpoint address gets leaked or one of your forms is subject to torment from pesky SEO guys you can rejoice in Lead Assign’s built-in Spam and Filtering settings.
Here you can accomplish a laundry list of tasks all involving which leads make it to agents and which are quarantined. If a lead gets quarantined you can still access it and Restore it so it routes to an agent, but we can NOT quarantine a lead after it has begun routing. If your whitelist or blacklist rule is universal then make the Email Address field “*”.
- White List
If the lead matches a whitelist rule, it is parsed and dispatched to an agent ignoring all other spam rules.
- Black list
If the lead matches a blacklist rule, it is rejected. This does NOT override a white list rule.
- Spam Score
If the spam score of a lead (sent via email) exceeds the spam score limit then it is rejected. This does NOT override a white list rule.
The effective range is 0.0 to 20.0.
- 1.0 Very strict, only people will have a score lower than 1
- 3.0 – Most regular people will be allowed through and most web form submissions
- 5.0 – Most services (web form submissions) will be allowed though
- 7.0 – This will allow leads through and filter out most of the blatant spam (default)
- 20.0 – Max spam score leads should have
- 1000.0 – No spam filtering, allow all emails though (set super high to ensure that)