The EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) came into force across the European Union on 25th May 2018.
The new Regulation aims to standardize data protection laws and processing across the EU; affording individuals stronger, more consistent rights to access and control their personal information.
Lead Assign is committed to ensuring the security and protection of any personal information that we process, and to provide a compliant and consistent approach to data protection.
We utilize robust and effective data protection standards which comply with existing law and abides by the data protection principles.
We are dedicated to safeguarding personal information and in developing a data protection regime that is effective, fit for purpose and demonstrates an understanding of, and appreciation for the new regulation.
Our preparation and objectives for GDPR compliance have been summarised in this statement and include the development and implementation of new data protection roles, policies, procedures, controls and measures to ensure maximum and ongoing compliance.
Access to Data
In addition to the policies and procedures mentioned above that ensure individuals can enforce their data protection rights, we provide easy to access information that Lead Assign processes about them and to request information about: –
- What personal data we hold about them
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from them, information about the source
- The right to have incomplete or inaccurate data about them corrected or completed and the process for requesting this
- The right to request erasure of personal data (where applicable) or to restrict processing in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us and to be informed about any automated decision-making that we use
- The right to lodge a complaint or seek judicial remedy and who to contact in such instances
Information Security & Technical And Organisational Measures
Lead Assign takes the privacy and security of individuals and their personal information very seriously and take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure the personal data that we process.
We have robust information security policies and procedures in place to protect personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures, including:
- Remote access to systems and data is over an SSL encrypted connection
- Users only have access to data they need for their role
Lead Assign has designated Tom Andersen as our Data Protection Officer
Tom is responsible for promoting awareness of the GDPR across the organization, assessing our GDPR readiness, identifying any gaps and implementing new policies, procedures and measures.
Lead Assign understands that continuous employee awareness and understanding is vital to the continued GDPR compliance and have involved our employees in our preparation plans.
We have implemented an employee training program that takes place upon employment and includes quarterly reviews.
If you have any questions about Lead Assign’s GDPR compliance activity, please contact us.